Today I’m going to open up about something. Something most of you can probably relate to.
I, Rachel, have Second Player Syndrome.
What is Second Player Syndrome?
Second Player Syndrome is when you grow up always being second player when playing video games.
Who does Second Player Syndrome affect?
Second Player Syndrome affects people of all ages, males and females alike. The biggest cause that we’ve noticed is if these people have older siblings and have been playing video games with them all their lives.
What are the symptoms of Second Player Syndrome?
You know you have Second Player Syndrome when…
- Your level and experience points are never quite as high as the first player’s due to them taking over most of the boss battles.
- You run away at most boss battles or become easily stressed out by them.
- You always collect the most money and gems. For some reason, you’re weirdly attracted to the treasure in the game.
- When playing in one-player mode, you tend to pass the controller to someone else and say, “You’re turn” or, “Screw this. Here you go!”
- You don’t have nearly as many games beaten as your older sibling.
- You’re not that great at video games, but you pretend to be.
How do I cure Second Player Syndrome?
Unfortunately, there is no cure that we know of. The important thing to remember is that Second Player Syndrome is not serious or life threatening. Just keep playing video games and have fun.
Do you suffer from Second Player Syndrome? Or perhaps First Player Syndrome?