Not that Breath of the Wild needs to be more challenging with how open the world is and the amount of monsters roaming the land, but if you were looking for a way to up the difficulty of the game on your own, here are a few suggestions from us:
- No cooking — forget about saving yourself at the last minute with a heart-filling recipe. Sleeping at inns are the only way to heal up!
- No paraglider or teleporting — travel everywhere either by foot or by horse.
- Don’t use the Spirit Orbs — keep the default amount of hearts and stamina.
- Only use tree branches as weapons (or weapons with stats 15 and under).
- Wear Link’s original clothes and only use elixirs in super hot weather and the like.
- No bonuses from amiibos.
- Switch up your usual controller settings — try using the Joy-Con instead of the Pro Controller, for example.
- Don’t do the side quests or use the rewards that are earned.
- Just go straight to Ganon (because apparently that’s possible).
Have you tried any of these ways? Do you have any other ideas? Let us know in the comments below!