- Thank the blogger(s) who nominated and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog
Since we were nominated twice, we have 22 questions to answer instead of 11. To save a little space in this post, we’ll be answering the questions like rapid-fire. Kris’s answers will be bolded and Rachel’s answers will be in italics.
Our Answers to Dragon’s Tea Party:
1. Sci-Fi or Fantasy?
Fantasy | Fantasy.
2. You’re being attacked by a zombie! You grab the object to your right to use to defend yourself. What is it and how do you use it to kill the zombie?
There’s nothing to the right of me! Does my right fist count? | I’d most likely miss or grab and then drop it in a panic and get killed.
3. What was the last song you sang along to?
“Settle It in Smash” by Yungtown and Garrett Williamson, or Pokemon anime theme songs | Anything from The Greatest Showman soundtrack.
4. You can have any Pokemon you like as your starter (excluding legendaries and evolved Pokemon). Who do you choose?
Gotta have my Treecko! | I’m still going with my Charmander.
5. Who would win in a fight between Link and Mario?
Link! | Link.
6. Which villain (book, game, movie, whatever) do you sympathize with the most?
Bowser — he’s just misunderstood! | Ganondorf, even though I don’t like him.
7. Which game franchise do you think has the best music?
Legend of Zelda, Pokemon, and Ace Attorney. I can’t choose! | Animal Crossing, Legend of Zelda, Pokemon. Yes, I cheated and chose three. Sue me.
8. Besides gaming, what’s your favorite element of “geek” culture, or something you’d like to get more into if you had the time/money?
I’ve always loved comic books, and I’d love to get more into the art aspect of “geek” culture, like visual and cosplay. D&D is grabbing more of my attention now, too! | I don’t know what my favorite is, but I would love to learn more about D&D, Magic: The Gathering, and playing Pokemon competitively.
9. You stumble across a magic lamp and awaken a genie who offers to help you create the video game of your dreams. What genre do you create and what’s the basic premise of your game?
Some sort of epic RPG or adventure game. Something with magic and plenty of exploration! | A mystery visual novel game. Mostly because Kris and I are already planning this.
10. What’s the coolest dinosaur?
Pterodactyl | A long-neck.
11. If you were to get a tattoo, what would you get?
The Sheikah Eye on one of my shoulders. | The Triforce on the back of my hand.
Our Answers to Free Time = Game Time:
1. What is your Hogwarts house and do you agree with the stereotypes of that house?
Gryffindor, and I’d like to think so. | Hufflepuff and yes, definitely.
2. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles or Power Rangers? (Explain.)
TMNT. Power Rangers as a concept were interesting, but never really watched them. | TMNT. I never watched Power Rangers and never cared to.
3. The last thing you ate, and did you enjoy it? Or did you only eat it to sustain your human vessel?
Leftover steak and cheese calzone for lunch. It was yummy! | Since it’s morning, I’m drinking my smoothie. It’s good, but I’ll admit I mainly drink it to keep myself alive.
4. What is your favorite part of playing video games?
The art styles, characters, and stories. | The vast worlds and storytelling.
5. Biggest pet peeve?
Bigotry/prejudice. Why can’t we all be nice to each other? | When people assume things about other people.
6. You open the magic wardrobe that is the door to Narnia, plot twist is the door is to the one video game world you have always wanted to be in. Which world is it and how do you survive/what role do you play?
A Legend of Zelda game, and I would hope I’d be helpful to Link somehow. Perhaps work with animals or weapons. | I’d be in the Pokemon world, journeying along collecting Pokemon friends.
7. In a zombie uprising, what role do you fill on your zombie survival squad?
Probably the overprotective one when it came to others, always counting to be sure the rest of the squad was okay. | Sacrifice. Seriously, I’d panic too much and accidentally get myself killed.
8. If you could have one superpower, what would it be? Why?
Electricity or communicating with electronics. With how heavily influential technology is nowadays, I’d be very powerful, haha! That, and I’d be so much more productive with my creative projects. | Fire powers most likely. I’m not sure why, it’s just always been my go-to thing ever since I was little. That or communicating/turning into animals.
9. If you could have one video game job (in-game jobs) what would it be? (Get creative – the treasure hiding guy, the guy who hides all the secrets, store clerks, etc.)
Probably blacksmith or rancher. A bodyguard or traveling merchant would be fun too! | I’m sorry, I’m going to be boring and say I wouldn’t mind being Officer Jenny in Pokemon. Mystery and Pokemon – okay!
10. Coffee or tea?
Tea. | Coffee.
11. Do you have a pet?
Please see Rachel’s response. | Oh, yes. A dog, Chip, a cat, Chase, a turtle, Raph (See? TMNT), and a fish tank with a variety of fish.
1. What was the first video game you ever played yourself?
2. What made you decide to start blogging in general or blog about video games?
3. What’s your favorite form of gaming? (Consoles, PC, tabletop, board/card games, etc.)
4. Do you prefer to hang out indoors or outside?
5. Out of every animal in the world, which would you love to have for a pet?
6. Outer space or the ocean?
7. If you were an NPC in a video game, what would be your pre-programmed phrase/saying?
8. What is your go-to song to rock out to or to get you pumped up?
9. Would you be the “I have to save the world” protagonist or the “I did not sign up for this crap” protagonist?
10. What would you be like as the protagonist’s sidekick?
11. Which is better in a battle: speed or strength?